Everyone’s favorite peach purveyor Pearson Farms has arrived at the Peachtree Center Green Market for the summer, and they recently debuted their freestone peaches. These fuzzy fruits are known as the prettiest peaches – perfect for using in a salad or another dish where they are served raw – because the flesh separates easily from the pit.
Pick up a sack of these Georgia-grown fruits this Thursday and try out a fun new recipe like this crowd-pleasing flatbread with peaches, prosciutto and mozzarella from Delish:
- 4 whole-wheat naan flatbreads
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 2 peaches, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 c. thinly sliced fresh basil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place flatbreads on two baking sheets and drizzle each with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Top with mozzarella, peaches, prosciutto, and ¼ cup basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until crust is crisp and golden and cheese is melted, about 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup basil. Cut each pizza into quarters and serve immediately.