Sometimes even healthy, protein-packed meals can’t prevent the urge we have to snack at work, but before reaching for that bag of chips you have in your desk, hear us out. What you eat all day doesn’t just impact your physical body; it affects your level of productivity, too. Snacks that are high in fat and sugar have been proven to cause fatigue and lack of energy, which is bad for your body and the quality of your work, whether you’re at a desk or on your feet all day. Here are five healthy snack options that won’t get you down:
- Almonds: Almonds are a great source of protein and include the healthy fat that satisfies. They contain nine essential nutrients and are the highest in nutritional value when compared to other nuts. Try a fun flavor to switch things up!
- Low-Fat Popcorn: Need something salty and crunchy? Low-calorie/low-fat popcorn is a great source of fiber and easy to whip up in the break room microwave.
- Dried Fruit – A great replacement for candy, dried fruit is sweet, chewy and extremely high in fiber and potassium.
- Pretzels – Although slightly higher in salt, pretzels are low in fat and are more filling if you need something to hold you over until lunch or dinner while still satisfying that craving for crunch.
- Peanut Butter – A spoonful or on-the-go packet of your favorite peanut or other nut butter is a great way to quickly kick a craving. It also goes great on celery, toast or apples.